Easy Parental Control Kodi Configuration
Having Adult addons on your Kodi device is great, but how to hide them from your Kids/Wife/Parents?
Fortunately Kodi developers thought about this and added a parental Control Kodi function named Master Lock. If you want a more private and secured media player, just create one more profile for your Kids/Wife/Parents, enable master lock and activate the features that fit your needs.
Kodi Master Lock features:
- Lock music window,
- Lock Videos Window,
- Lock pictures window,
- Lock programs & scripts windows,
- Lock file manager,
- Lock settings,
- Lock Add-on manager
How To Enable Kodi Master Lock & Configure
- From Kodi’s home screen navigate to the Gear icon from the top-left corner
- Select Profiles
- Here you can add more Profiles for your Kids/Wife/Parents by clicking on Add profile…
- Then just select each user and tweak their settings
- For example lets select Master User > Lock Preferences
- Enable Master Lock
- Now choose your Password type, the simplest for me is Numeric Password. Choose which one you like more, type a password and press the Enter Key/Button.
- Remains to lock the Features you don’t want others to access
That’s all. Now all the addons installed on one profile wouldn’t be visible in other profiles. So whenever you want to install anything, make sure you’re logged in your profile. The profiles icon should appear on Kodi’s home page near the Gear icon.